Styling Tips for when you do a Zoom meeting or a Virtual Conference
My top colour and style picks for business meetings via Skype or Zoom!
Dress to impress.
With so many people working from home, they’re doing business meetings via Skype or Zoom. It’s tempting to wear your most comfy comfortable clothes but does it cut the mustard when you have to present yourself at your best and look the part?
Here are my top tips for what to wear when working from home plus I wanted to give you some ideas on how best to present yourself in the right colours in front of the screen.
Dress for the office when you’re at home!
There’s lots of information around at the moment advising (tongue in cheek) that all you need to do is dress your top half and you can wear your pajamas on your bottom half because the top half is all you see when you’re on Skype or Zoom
Let me give you some tips and tricks on how to best dress yourself for the office when you’re home and using colour as your secret weapon when in front of the screen.
1. When dressing your top half, I suggest wearing one of your signature colours. Signature colours are personalised to you. Personal signature colours enhance or intensify your hair colour, eye colour, lip colour, and skin tone. Clients that have had a colour analysis with me will understand and have their signature colours already in their swatch.
(if you would like to have a colour analysis book here https://cghairdressing.com.au/contact/) I am now able to offer online colour analysis consultations.
2. Wear a statement piece of jewelry, either a necklace or earrings. If you can wear them in colours that enhance your natural colourings, this can create a great focal point for you and draw your audience to engage better with you.
3. Apply makeup. It’s your secret weapon, especially lipstick. Please refer to my previous newsletter about lipsticks being your secret weapon. If a quick meeting takes place and you don’t have time to apply a full face of makeup, grab your lipstick, a nice subtle colour, and apply to your lips but also put a little bit on your cheeks to give you a pop of colour (healthy glow) and again pop on your eyes as an eyeshadow. This can give you a look of balance and harmony between eyes, cheeks, and lips. This tip makes sure you look stunning.
4. Colour psychology can play a significant part in a business.
Colour is all about vibration and energy, so when you wear colour you can control how you can positively change your vibration and energy and also change how others perceive and see you, colour is a potent tool for business.
Best colours to wear for meetings and conference calls via virtual connection.
- Blue is an excellent colour for Communication. It is the colour of trust and responsibility, honesty and loyalty, reliable and responsible. It exhibits security plus an inner confidence you can rely on. Wear blue to take control and do the right thing in difficult times. This colour promotes physical and mental relaxation it reduces stress and creates a sense of calmness.
- Green can be another great colour for you to wear. Green is the colour of life, renewal, nature, and energy and is associated with growth, freshness, safety, and environment. It is associated with money, finance in banking & ambition. It is soothing, relaxing, and it relieves anxiety, depression, and nervousness. Green also brings a sense of hope, health, adventure, self-control, compassion and harmony
- Black can be seen as quite negative, depressing, and secretive, withholding, and very conservative. It is serious and gives the appearance of power and control, sadness and negativity, but can also create fear and intimidation. Wearing too much black encourages us to look at the negative side of life. Black can cause depression, mood swings and create a negative environment. If you wear black and white together, it can create an argumentative atmosphere.
- Orange (CG suggests only wear orange if you have a warm skin tone. Orange is the only warm colour, and it cannot be made cool). Orange is an excellent colour. It’s the colour of adventure and social communication. Orange radiates warmth and happiness, combining the physical energy and stimulation of red with a cheerfulness of yellow. Orange offers emotional strength into a difficult time. It helps us bounce back from disappointments and despair, assisting in recovery from grief. Orange is optimistic, uplifting, and rejuvenating for our spirit. Orange gives a positive outlook on life and is a great colour to use during tough times, keeping us motivated and looking at the bright side of life.
- Red – If you want to create success and prosperity, you should strongly consider using this warm and cheerful colour. It represents vital, powerful energy and creates the vibration of energy, passion, action, ambition and determination. There is a powerful message sent when you wear red.
- Unsure and haven’t had a colour analysis done yet, and you want a failsafe colour that suits everyone? Then wear teal or berry. These two colours will suit most skin tones! Teal is an excellent skin enhancing colour and berry is a great colour to enhance your natural lip tone. Even better if you have a berry lipstick to add! Teal and berry are made up of half warm half cool tones, so that’s why it can suit most people.
5. Dress to your natural harmonies. If you have blue eyes wear a blue top. If you like to wear patterns, try and pick designs that represent your natural colourings. For example in those patterns, can you see your hair colour, can you see your lip colour or can you see your eye colour. This is what I call dressing to your natural colourings. It can be a very powerful tool and tip.
- Your 3 Steps to Success by Claire Gorman.
- Mini online training session complimentary https://rise.articulate.com/share/lZhDrlWakImS8dIBl12U0ohdfRmXJg9x
Hello, I’m Claire, my passion is Colour! and I truly believe that Colours enhance your natural beauty.
In a sea of information, offers, colours and lights, how can the real YOU stand out from all the noise?
If you want to become more organised and intentional in your style or you’ve realised
that you need to stand out from the crowd in business and you don’t know where to start, it’s all ok.
I’ve got your back.
Whether you’re ready to embrace the next stage in life and you want a new enhanced signature style
or maybe you’re ready for a transformation but need help with finding your unique look and style.
I’ve got you covered.
You’re ready to start being confident, to stand out on social media or take on a new path in your life,
and you want to walk out your front door feeling confident and empowered.
Oh lady, you’re in the right place.