Styling Tips for when you do a Zoom meeting or a Virtual Conference
My top colour and style picks for business meetings via Skype or Zoom!
Dress to impress.
With so many people working from home at the moment they’re doing business meetings via Skype or Zoom. It’s tempting to just wear your most relaxing comfortable clothes but does it really cut the mustard when you are having to present yourself at your best and look the part?
Here are my top tips for what to wear when working from home plus I wanted to give you some ideas on how best to present yourself in the right colours in front of the screen.
Dress for the office when you’re at home!
There’s lots of information around at the moment advising (tongue in cheek) that all you need to do is dress your top half and you can wear your pajamas on your bottom half because the top half is all you see when you’re on Skype or Zoom
Let me give you some tips and tricks on how to best dress yourself for the office when you’re home and using colour as your secret weapon when in front of the screen.
1. When dressing your top half I suggest wearing one of your signature colours. Signature colours are personalised to you. Personal signature colours enhance or intensify your hair colour, eye colour, lip colour and your skintone. Clients that have had a colour analysis with me will understand and have their signature colours already in their swatch.
(if you would like to have a colour analysis book here https://cghairdressing.com.au/contact/) I am now able to offer online colour analysis consultations.
2. Wear a statement piece of jewelry, either a necklace or earrings. If you can wear them in colours that enhance your natural colourings this can create a great focal point for you and will draw your audience in to engage better with you.
3. Apply makeup. It’s your secret weapon especially lipstick. Please refer to my previous newsletter about lipsticks being your secret weapon. If a quick meeting takes place and you don’t have time to apply a full face of makeup grab your lipstick, a nice subtle colour, and apply to your lips but also put a little bit on your cheeks to give you a pop of colour (healthy glow) and also pop on your eyes as an eyeshadow. This can give you a look of balance and harmony between eyes, cheeks and lips and can make you look stunning.
4. Colour psychology can play a major part in business.
Colour is all about vibration and energy so when you wear colour you can control how you can change your vibration and energy in a positive way and also change how others perceive and see you, colour is a very powerful tool for business.
Best colours to wear for meetings and conference calls via virtual connection.
- Blue is a great colour for Communication. It is the colour of trust and responsibility, honesty and loyalty, reliable and responsible. It exhibits security plus an inner confidence you can rely on. Wear blue to take control and do the right thing in difficult times. This colour promotes physical and mental relaxation it reduces stress and creates a sense of calmness.
- Green can be another great colour for you to wear. Green is the colour of life, renewal, nature and energy and is associated with the meanings of growth, freshness, safety and environment. It is associated with money, finance in banking & ambition.It is soothing, relaxing and it relieves anxiety, depression and nervousness. Green also brings a sense of hope, health, adventure, self-control, compassion and harmony
- Black can be seen as quite negative, depressing and secretive, withholding and very conservative. It is serious and gives the appearance of power and control, sadness and negativity but can also create fear and intimidation.Wearing too much black encourages us to look at the negative side of life. Black can cause depression, mood swings and create a negative environment. If you wear black and white together it can create an argumentative atmosphere.
- Orange (CG suggests only wear orange if you have a warm skin tone. Orange is the only colour that is warm and it cannot be made cool). Orange is great colour. It’s the colour of adventure and social communication. Orange radiates warmth and happiness combining the physical energy and stimulation of red with a cheerfulness of yellow. Orange offers emotional strength into a difficult time. It helps us bounce back from disappointments and despair, assisting in recovery from grief. Orange is optimistic, uplifting and rejuvenating for our spirit. Orange gives a positive outlook on life and is a great colour to use during tough times keeping us motivated and helping us look at the bright side of life.
- Red – If you want to create success and prosperity you should strongly consider using this is warm and positive colour. It represents strong powerful energy and creates the vibration of energy, passion, action, ambition and determination. There is a powerful message sent when you wear red.
- Unsure and haven’t had a colour analysis done yet and you want a failsafe colour that suits everyone? Then wear teal or berry. These two colours will suit most skin tones! Teal is a great skin enhancing colour and berry is a great colour to enhance your natural lip tone. Even better if you have a berry lipstick to add! Teal and berry are made up of half warm half cool tones, so that’s why it can suit most people.
5. Dress to your natural harmonies. If you have blue eyes wear a blue top. If you like to wear patterns try and pick patterns that represent your natural colourings. For example in those patterns can you see your hair colour, can you see your lip colour or can you see your eye colour. This is what I call dressing to your natural colourings. It can be a very powerful tool and tip.